Laser Tattoo Removal Sydney- PicoWay
If you are looking to have your tattoo removed or faded in the shortest time possible, with the least amount of pain and downtime, then you have come to the right place.
PicoWay is the most powerful and fastest laser in the world and the only system that has 3 wave lengths to treat all tattoos including colour. At Detail Smoother Skin, we are so confident with our PicoWay – Picosecond laser tattoo removal technology that we guarantee to remove any tattoo in 10 sessions or less, otherwise we will continue to treat the tattoo until you are happy at no additional cost.
PicoWay- The Leading Technology To Remove Tattoos
5 Key Advantages of PicoWay
- Shortest pico-second pulses – 40%-50% shorter pulses than other pico-second Laser Systems with next to zero heat for low tissue damage allowing for 2 to 4 week treatment intervals
- Highest peak power – energy shatters pigment (ink) into minuscule fragments achieving average tattoo removal in 4 to 6 months
- Tri- wavelengths – 3 highly effective wavelengths (1064 nm, 785nm & 532 nm) in one picosecond system to treat all tattoo colours and skin types
- Able to treat fresh tattoos after skin heals
- Less pain than Nanosecond Laser
Not All Pico-Second Lasers Are Created Equal
|Tri-wavelength- 532nm, 785nm and 1064nm wavelengths are able to treat all colours and skin types||Single wavelength - has trouble targeting green & blue ink and darker skin|
|Pulse duration: 450ps/375ps|
True photoacoustic effect
|Pulse duration: 750ps
Very little photoacoustic- mostly photothermal
|Peak Power: 0.9GW|
2.5 x more power= more effective clearance of tattoo
|Peak Power: 0.36 GW|
PicoWay- Frequently Asked Questions
How Laser Tattoo Removal Works
Medical grade lasers remove tattoos by delivering specific wavelengths of laser light into the skin in very short bursts of picosecond or nanosecond pulses of energy, creating a shockwave that fragments the ink and allows the body’s immune system to attack and eliminate the dispersed ink particles. The body’s immune system removes the fragmented ink to fade the tattoo. The number of treatments are determined by the laser system used and the person’s immune system response. The clinicians at Detail Smoother Skin are responsible for explaining this process thoroughly during the free consultation. Each expertly trained and accredited clinician will assess your skin type and adjust the laser to provide the optimum setting to deliver the results you expect with minimum discomfort.
What is the difference between Picosecond and Nanosecond?
What is the difference between Picosure and PicoWay machines?
Picosure was one of the first Picosecond tattoo removal machines on the market. The PicoWay has improved on this technology in three key areas:
- Higher power, 0.9GW for PicoWay vs 0.36GW for PicoSure meaning the ink will shatter into smaller particles, meaning faster removal
- Shorter picosecond pulses – up to 50% shorter, resulting in less heating and more photoacoustic effect
- Tri-wavelengths – this is a major benefit over PicoSure machine (single wavelength) as it enables the PicoWay to treat all ink colours and all skin types including darker skin
Why is it some tattoo removal clinics quote 15+ sessions?
Hopefully you are not considering IPL removal as an option to remove your tattoo. This technology is not designed to remove tattoos effectively and can lead to scarring and skin damage.
One reason for so many treatment sessions is that the clinic or clinics are using older, slower and less powerful technology. As you will see from the graphics on this page, there is a significant difference between nanosecond and picosecond devices and there is still a significant difference between the Picosure and PicoWay devices. PicoWay is the only system to choose to remove your tattoos quickly and completely.
Choosing an inferior system will cost you more in the long term as the overall costs will end up more expensive with more treatments required than choosing the PicoWay.
What is the downtime after a treatment?
The time between treatments at Detail Smoother Skin will be significantly less than most other clinics. We have got this down to two weeks between sessions in the past, but this will depend on many factors.
How much does laser tattoo removal treatments cost?
The cost of your treatment will depend on many factors including size of the tattoo, skin type and age. To get a guide on price, please see the cost for laser tattoo removal Sydney, alternatively you can book a free tattoo removal consultation to get personalised treatment information for you and your tattoo.